SEO audit is like the health check-up of a website. It drills down the entire website and mining the issues that the website has. It analyses the On-Page, Off-Page and technical SEO factors of a website to uncover the issues that affect the search engine rankings.
Website auditing is not a joke, for manual audit you need to invest a lot of time, effort and also the resources. And sometimes, for the failings of professionalism, it is going to be much tougher to perform a perfect site audit.
But a fantastic SEO tool can make seemingly impossible jobs possible and make your working lives much easier.
Here the problem is, not all the SEO tools are cheap.
Thankfully, the list of free SEO tools are not limited.
We have analyzed numerous free SEO audit tools over the web and come with a list of 10 best free website audit tools that can help to quickly audit your website and also recommend the required action to improve the search engine rankings.
Let’s take a clear look into them.
The website grader, founded by the HubSpot is a web-based tool that provides a summary of your website’s health. This tool was released in 2017, to help the businesses by uncovering search engine optimization opportunities.
This free tool generates personalized reports based on the following key metrics:
- Performance: This tool demonstrates the data about the page size, page requests, page speed, and other SEO metrics like browser caching, page redirects, compression, and render-blocking to give you a clear view of your site performance.
- Mobile: Whether your site has any issues which resist serving the mobile users the best experience will be checked by this tool.
- SEO: This tool checks the SEO factors like page index, meta description, contents plugins, and the descriptive link text to determine whether your site is easily found by the peoples and search engines or not.
Through, completing some easy steps, you will get your website grade. Just enter your URL and keyword, then you will see a score between 1 to 100 as well as a detailed resort within a second.
Without the Google Search Console, the list of free SEO tools would be incomplete.
Undoubtedly, it’s the best way to understand the way Google sees your website is to ask Google. Google Search Console is a novice-friendly resource that tells you the fundamentals of Google search.
Google Search Console will serve up a resort that covers the following:
- Performance: How many impressions and clicks each keyword or page gets, their CTR, and average position on SERP; all the data you will get from the performance report of this tool.
- Index Coverage: This report gives you the list of the pages that are not indexed yet, along with this you also get the details about those issues which are responsible for it.
- Core Web Vitals: The core web vitals section of Google Search console produce the reports based on the following three sections:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP): This report tells you how fast your pages load on both mobile and desktop.
- First Input Delay: This section measures the time from when a user tries to interact through clicking on a link, tap on a button, or choosing an option from the menu bar with your site to the time when the browser can respond to that interaction.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS): This report shows you the data about the measurement of the significance of unexpected shifting of a web page element without the user input or prior notification while the page is still interacting with the users.
- Mobile Usability: This report tells you about the usability issues of your mobile website or the pages that you have customized for mobile users.
The SEO Report Card of UpCity is a free SEO tool that will analyze your full site for uncovering the necessary SEO issues. Through its visual report, you can easily determine the required action to make your site search engine friendly.
Whether you are running a small business or an SEO agency, this tool will lead to a better experience in your SEO audit.
SEO Report Card lists all its findings in the form of numerical scores based on the following:
- Rank Analysis: This tool will give you a snapshot of your website rank position on Google, Yahoo!, and Bing. The ranking will be shown based on the main keyword that you have selected when putting information to build the report.
- Link Building: You will get detailed about your backlinks profile including how many websites that link back to your website and the total backlinks.
- On-site Analysis: The On-Site Analysis report tell you how successfully you can incorporate your main keyword throughout your site.
- Trust Matrics: It shows you the trust flow score of your website that helps you to determine your site trust and authority.
- Website Accessibility: How much time your site takes to load and the ease of accessibility for crawlers is the main focus are of this section.
- Indexing: Have your site pages been indexed properly and which pages are not indexed yet, all the data you will get in this section.
The SEO Audit Tool of Found is a powerful tool for digital marketers and agencies to trace the problems of the website and find a way to fix them. To get the audit report you just have to put the URL.
This SEO Audit Tool provides the report in reliance on three main sections:
- Technical Issues: This section focuses on the domain canonicalization, robot.txt file, and XML sitemaps.
- Content Issues: This report focuses on the influential factors of your content like keywords, headings, and meta descriptions to uncover the issues behind it.
- Outbound Link issues: Here, the main focus of this tool is to evaluate the quality and quantity of the outbound links.
For digital marketers, Varvy is an extremely cool SEO audit tool. Where most of the free SEO audit tools only give you the surface level info, but it gives you a very detailed report of what your website is missing based on Google’s guidelines.
Varvy’s SEO Tool provides a comprehensive report to its users as follows:
- Accessibility: This section focuses on the issues which resist the users to easily access your website.
- Page Speed: If any page speed issues like browser chasing issues, render-blocking CSS, unoptimized images are found; it will let you know through this section.
- Mobile Devices: This report section tells you about some factors like content text, content design, plugins that are responsible for your webpage visibility to the mobile devices. It lets you know which factors work well and which have some issues.
It won’t be wrong if I tell you Seobility is an all-in-one SEO tool, this tool provides a full-rounded analysis for your website. It’s suitable for SEO beginners as well as the experts.
This tool comes up with some feature that tells you almost everything you need for your website success. Let’s a clear look at them:
- Content Report: This tool checks your entire website and hands you a list of pages that have content-related issues like duplicate content, thin content, missing meta titles, and keyword stuffing.
- Backlink: The Backlink Analysis report demonstrates a big picture of the backlink profile of your website.
- Rankings: Without monitoring the rankings no website audit can be complete. This tool will give you the most important information about your website’s ranking at a glance.
Thi tool also calculates the visibility value of your specific search terms that help you to determine whether your ranking is improving or decreasing.
The Screaming Frog, also known as SEO Spider is a desktop-based website crawling tool that analyzes your entire website and provides you the useful insights for your SEO problems.
Screaming Frog leaves out a report that covers the followings:
- Broken Links: This tool crawls the website and finds out the broken links and server errors.
- Page Title & Meta Data: By crawling your website, it analyzes the page titles and meta descriptions. And shows the result if it finds out any issues like too long, short, missing, or duplicate title and meta description across your website.
- Duplicate Page & Content: Screaming Frog discovers the exact duplicate pages and content of your website.
- Site Architecture: By using the interactive crawl and tree graph site visualizations, Screaming Frog evaluates your site usability, interaction design, and user interface design.
Site is one of the best SEO tools that crawl your entire website and checks the SEO issues. This tool provides an extensive SEO report, including the actionable to-do list to properly optimize your website for search engines.
To uncover the SEO issues of your website it checks the following factors of your website:
- Page speed
- Meta description
- Alt texts for images
- Structured data
- HTML validation
- OpenGraph tags
- Page title
If you want to explore your site and discover the issues that are affecting your site’s quality and search engine rankings, the free SEO tool named Siteliner can help you much. Not only that, to make your site easy to navigate it create an XML sitemap for your site that you can submit to Google through the Search Console.
Siteliner will generate a personalized report that covers the following area:
- Pages: This tool provides a detailed report on your pages that help you to determine your page’s health. It lets you know how many pages of your site are normal, redirect, or noindex and which have the error 404 issues.
It also breaks down the page’s report into URL and page title and reveals the page’s size and how many words that pages contain.
- Duplicate Content: The duplicate content not only lowers your site’s search engine ranking but also a reason for Google penalties. This tool checks your entire site to find out the duplicate content and highlight them on each page.
- Broken Links: this tool checks your site’s internal links to detect the links that are not working, moved, or changed.
10. SEO Site Checker
The SEO Site Checker is an easy-to-use SEO tool. You just have to enter your website then it will analyze your entire website. This tool will give you a snapshot of your site checkup score between 1 to 100.
SEO Site Checker will show your site audit report based on the following categories:
- Common SEO: Within this category, it shows the report about the common SEO issues of your website. To find out those issues this tool test the title tag, heading tag, meta description, keyword usage, competitors domain, Robots.txt, sitemap, broken link, social media, and many more.
- Speed: In this section, this tool performs a detailed check-up of the factors that are responsible for the speed optimization of your site.
- Mobile Usability: Is your site is mobile friendly? And do you use responsive design on your website? All the information you will get in this section.
Apart from these, this tool also gives you the report on the security and advanced SEO which includes structured data test, custom 404 error page test, noindex tag test,nofollow tag test and many more.
In the online industry, you are a SEO newbie, content marketing consultant or SEO expert, whatever be, taking advantage of free website audit tools can save your time and make your job a lot easier.
Choose one or a couple of tools that best match with your business, and get a perfect SEO audit, absolutely free of cost!
Note: Over the web, you may find some SEO audit tools, which are most popular like Ahrefs, SEMrush, MOZ Pro, SpyFu, SEO Optimizer. Since we have discussed the free SEO audit tools that’s why we don’t bring them here. You will get them in our article about the paid SEO audit tools.