Sure, you’ve heard of user experience before? Could you tell us how good the UX of your website is? To answer these questions, Google has established a series of metrics called Core Web Vitals and they could affect your rankings on Google.
Let’s introduce with the Core Web Vitals
Core Web Vitals consist of three metrics to measure UX on a web page. Let’s look at each of these metrics:
LCP or Largest Contentful Paint
This indicator measures how long it takes until the user sees the web site’s main content in their browser. In other words, the first appearance of the content (FCP or First Content Paint) is no longer so important.
LCP have these credentials:
- Good: less than 2.5 seconds.
- Medium: up to 4 seconds. (Need improvements)
- Poor: more than 4 seconds.
FID or First Input Delay
The FID dealings with the user’s interaction with the page. To establish how good or bad the time-lapse is between user interaction and browser reaction, Google states that:
- Less than 0.1 seconds is good.
- Up to 0.3 seconds means you need to improve.
- More than 0.3 seconds is poor.
CLS or Cumulative Layout Shift
This metric assesses a web page’s visual stability and is perhaps the most difficult to understand if you are not very familiar with web development.
Many pages load some of the content in the background to ensure a low load time. However, sometimes it happens that these loading processes are not well coordinated and the elements change their location as the content is loaded. This impairs the user’s browsing experience.
Therefore, this Core Web Vitals indicator measures the frequency and magnitude with which these changes occur. And it does it this way:
- Good: less than 0.1.
- Needs improvement: up to 0.25.
- Poor: more than 0.25.
Best WordPress Plugins To Help You Optimize For Google Core Web Vitals
A fast website will help your visitors have a better experience browsing your website, something that Google will value positively. Today we go one step further and collect the best plugins to help you optimize for google core web vitals.
W3 Total Cache
It is the best cache plugin for WordPress. It allows you to boost your blog to the maximum level. Also, it has HTML, CSS and JS code minification options. When you want to optimize WordPress, you have to pay special attention to your site’s load times. They are an aspect that largely determines the user experience and you know that Google takes this into account.
Every time a user sends requests to a website. The plugin saves server resources, reduces image loading times and improves the speed of your website. Also, the CDN module is one of the best and compatible with almost all distribution networks available on the market. You can simply organize it based on your demands.
- It cache the page, browser and database to ensure quick page loading.
- It prevents slow image loading and improves UX.
- Its auto CDN support reduces the loading time from the server.
- Its WPO framework enhances SEO by improving your website’s performance.
- Page, browser and database caching option.
- Code minification.
- Integrated with CDN.
- WPO framework.
- Quick page loading and rendering.
- Complex setting option.
When looking for a plugin to speed up WordPress loading, you can never miss a good plugin specialized in images. It resizes, optimizes and compresses the images on your website automatically and without the need to use any other specialized plugin. The quick image loading improves your blog speed and user experience.
It can optimize any large size images. The image CDN option prevents the lazy loads of your website. The plugin can optimize up to 50 images with a single click. Also, it detects incorrect images and optimizes them. The automated optimization makes your website super-fast.
- It compresses the image and keeps the same quality with a perfect appearance.
- It resizes the incorrect image and makes your page faster.
- You can scale images automatically by setting the width and height.
- With a single click, it optimizes up to 50 images with perfection.
- The automated optimization increases the website speed by avoiding lazy loads.
- Auto image optimization.
- Bulk optimization on a single click.
- Process all formatted files.
- Prevent lazy image loads.
- 2 times compression.
- Keep image quality after resizing.
- You do not have control over image sizes.
Lazy Load uses a pattern responsible for delaying the loading of images until the user reaches them. It not only improves your blog loading times but also improves the UX of your visits. It works on thumbnails, widgets, avatars, smileys and much more.
It allows you to use YouTube iFrames as a preview. The loading of elements that are not within the visible area of the user’s screen, saving server resources and improving load times and web speed. Get the plugin to improve the speed of your website.
- It loads images of the visible screens to reduce page loading.
- You can use iFrames as a preview for quick performance.
- It allows you to load thumbnails, avatars, text, etc., with images.
- It doesn’t use JS or jQuery scripts that have a size over 10 KB.
- You can improve your blog’s UX by using this technique.
- Quick image loading.
- Works on other media files.
- No big size JS and jQuery scripts.
- iFrame preview support.
- Do Not support animated images.
Autoptimize helps you with the minification of the HTML, CSS and JS code of your website. All code-related slow-down issues can be solved with the plugin. Also, it can improve your website’s user experience by optimizing images, fonts, emojis, etc. Your website will perform faster.
It can prevent the lazy load images of WebP and Avif format. It also speeds up your website if your website has HTTP v2.0. You can use the API to fulfill your needs of the specific website with Autoptimize. You do not need to do things manually, and it optimizes all scripts, styles, images, etc., automatically for a better UX.
- It optimizes the HTML, CSS, JS codes of your website to load faster.
- It works on images, fonts, emojis, etc., optimization.
- You can boost your HTTP2.0 website with it.
- Its API provides specific website usage to solve issues perfectly.
- Your website’s header and footer loading will be faster by its default optimization.
- It minifies styles and scripts.
- Load page faster by optimizing codes.
- HTTP2 support
- Optimize images, fonts etc.
- API for specific use.
- No caching option.
WP-Optimize has control over the pingbacks or trackbacks of your website. It cleans your database to push to the stuffing times of your blog. It can be used periodically or anyhow you want. It makes your website faster by cleaning the database, compressing images and caching unnecessary elements.
- It presents the expected results of optimization tasks and improves website speed.
- You can back up the database with the UpdraftPlus by the same developers.
- It caches the pages, compresses the images and cleans the database.
- It only allows the admin to access the task manager to do optimization.
- It prevents spam, trackbacks and pingbacks for improving UX.
- Clean unnecessary data from the database
- Easily optimize images.
- Caches all pages.
- Automated cleanups and optimization.
- Admin access only.
- Complex advanced settings.
Hummingbird makes your blog faster by compressing over files, modifying CSS and JS codes. It is integrated with the lazy load to load the page quickly. Also, its standard caching system caches the overall website’s elements, so your website becomes fine-tuned. It can compress the post text to improve page speed.
It solves the CSS, JS execution time by deferring codes. It allows you to remove the resource of render-blocking. You will get tips to boost your site and improve UX. Scan your website and improve website speed using one-click with the plugin.
- You can scan the website completely and fix all errors using one-click performance.
- It has a world-class caching system to ensure quick page loading experience.
- The Gzip boost your website and provide an efficient result.
- You can control Cloudflare cache settings and easily configure with API.
- It is compatible with other image optimization plugins like Smush image optimization.
- Integrated with lazy loads.
- Minifies site codes.
- Compress over files.
- Super-fast multi caching system.
- One click scan and fix.
- Scanned reports.
- Complex settings cab broke your site.
LiteSpeed Cache is the all-in-one website optimizer that has a server-level caching system. You can use a plugin on several sites and works fine with other installed plugins. Also, it minifies the site codes and combines them to improve loading speed. The multiple CDN support allows you to prevent lazy loads and site loading from the server.
Anyone can easily understand its UI. You can improve your blog’s page speed score on several platforms by optimizing the database. It supports browser cache so the reader can enjoy a better experience. It allows you to use Woocommerce and bbPress plugins. The API is integrated with the caching system, so you will get a better optimization result.
- It has an automatic server-level caching method that improves site speed.
- It cleans and optimizes the database to enhance loading speed.
- You can use other plugins with the LiteSpeed Cache.
- The CDN support ensures quick data loading from the server.
- Interface is easy to understand and API support users.
- Server level caching system.
- Multiple plugins, network and browser support.
- Easy UI.
- Clean and optimize database.
- Multiple CDN support.
- Minifies codes.
- Prevent image lazy loads
Presents annoying pop-up ads.
AMP provides mobile-optimized content that can be loaded instantly everywhere. After installing it on your website, your website will be generated to the AMP version. You can access these pages with the amp extension on the url. It can improve the overall user experience.
It has standard, transitional and reader modes to ensure different user experiences. It integrates images, iframes and videos. Also, it includes integration with WooCommerce and integration with the ads of the mobile version of the web. It is compatible with page builders and shortcodes.
- It provides different template modes for a better reading experience.
- Its AMP-compatible ecosystem ensures mobile redirection and default optimization.
- You can identify and resolve validation errors with its provided validation tools.
- It is fully responsive to mobile and desktop browsers.
- It supports all page builders and multiple plugins.
- Different template modes.
- AMP ecosystem with developer option.
- Responsive to mobile and desktop.
- Validation tools.
- Support AMP pages.
- Sometimes it shows a 504 error.
We have just seen the best WordPress plugins to help you optimize for google core web vitals. Having too many plugins on your website can negatively affect your site’s loading times, so before installing one, ask yourself: Do I really need this plugin?
These plugins will make your website faster by optimizing overall content. They optimize images, site codes and prevent lazy loads for improving the page loading speed. So, your website will score high on the page speed platforms. Try the required plugins on your website and easily rank on Google.